Re: [Sartre] Break from reality

  • Leon McQuaid
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 8:17 AM
      Why do we call down the poets? What Platonic/christian sickness is this?
      Was Nietzsche lesser for writing with beauty rather than with the contempt
      for self that is the public forum? To write with beauty is to show a
      cherrishment over the topic; to honor it completely would be to not speak of
      it at all. We speak of 'breaking from reality' but how is that possible in
      any real sense? I feel that the only type of break from reality is
      aseticism, in the negation of self, when we pretend that we are part of some
      public greatness.