Re: [Sartre] World without war "a utopia?"

  • Leon McQuaid
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2003
      I believe Nietzsche would never admit to a utopia. And I think that it is
      quite improbable. But if it were possible, it is deffinetly not going to be
      found in a silver bullet. Neitzsche talks on sickness and health, and he
      means it in physchological and biological (ie. we cannot seperate
      mind/body/spirit/emotion/pedogogy/diet/society/family) terms aswel as social
      was of thinking. I believe for him happyness is a action and not a state of
      being. One basicly makes oneself happy, its an attitude asmuch as it is
      action, and it is achieved differently by different people at different
      times and conditions. And from that attitude, the residue of your actions
      create culture and culture replicates itself in the next generation. And so
      progress toward embetterment is slow... we could never hope to see it in our
      day, but maybe far... far in the future (he probably wouldn't agree even at
      that). The point is that an embracing of change and an a solid knowedge of
      how power works can oust tyrany. Though he dissagreed with Hegel I think he
      bought into the master slave relationship completely.

      And keep in mind that if all is matter, then so is the mind and the
      (sensations) of the soul. Thus healthy body healthy mind. To go about
      things fragmented is hubris... but realizing what is fragmentated and what
      isn't is hard to dissern (just as truth from lies). This is why I think he
      looked so harshly on revolution toward utopia. It is fragmented through and
      through.