Re: Fwd: [Sartre] Re: Nietzsche and "Yes"

  • Lorna Landry
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2003
      I disagree, Josh. Consumerism is about possessing things; ownership; that which is mine. I think humans, by nature, must 'consume' to live, but adding the 'ism' onto the end means something different. It is almost like it is a bastardized version of our natural 'consuming' nature, making it the foremost description of our life. We are natural consumers, but consumerism has become our way of life; our drive to possess things we think will make us happy.
      Josh@... wrote:I must concur.
      Consumerism is not about possessing.
      It's about consuming.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT