A quote from The Second Sex

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2003
      Does anyone know where in Beauvoir's "The Second Sex" I can find the famous quote, "one is not born a woman, one becomes one?"

      Thanks,
      David

    • Marc Girod
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2003

        D69> Does anyone know where in Beauvoir's "The Second Sex" I can find
        D69> the famous quote, "one is not born a woman, one becomes one?"

        In the French version, id�es NRF, Gallimard 1949, it is:

        Formation - chapitre 1 Enfance, p 285

        On ne na�t pas femme : on le devient.

        --
        Marc Girod P.O. Box 323 Voice: +358-71 80 25581
        Nokia NBI 00045 NOKIA Group Mobile: +358-50 38 78415