Dreans by Chekhov

  • Richard Radandt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2003
      John I read the story about the dream you sent out on December 07, 2002. It's a good story in it fore shadows Heidegger and his idea of what's authentic and the idea of Being in the world. It foreshadows Sartre and his theories of sadism, masochism and of the woman is more than a slave, and yet the nobleman doesn't see it this way. It also brings into the situation of what does the child of this relation do in his existence in the world.

      He's cold and stern as hr doesn't condescend to idle chatter and he wants to show his sedateness and discretion. The man is something between a peasant and gentlemen. By class, I'm a peasant and by nature, I'm a noble gentleman. He claims he has been a convict for four years. He claims at eighteen his mother accidentally gives arsenic instead of soda to his master. His mother got twenty years in a colony. He's now running away from prison. He tells of his fishing experience. I'm including just a few words of the story to let you know I did read it.

      copyright January 02, 2003 by Richard Radandt at richradandt@... page 1 of 1