Re: [Sartre] Nietzsche and consumption and Sartre and Politics

  • Stephen Cowley
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2 11:35 AM
      Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Amy. It seems like David
      Ahenakew made some stupid remarks - especially for a public representative,
      who must expect his remarks in a speech to be quoted. He should clearly
      withdraw them and apologise, and the community he represents should be
      asked to dissociate themselves from his stated views.

      I learned a lot myself from Will Kymlicka, a Canadian who has written about
      first peoples in his book Liberalism, community and Culture. You'd probably
      enjoy reading it, as it's more nearly politicisable in a modern context than
      Sartre's work.

      Best Wishes and Happy New Year
      Stephen