non beings

  • ncandau82 <ncandau@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2002
      Hello all,

      Just a quick question concerning the neccessity of non beings. It is
      my understanding that Sartre considers thoughts or conceptions of
      the future as part of his non-beings. Is this correct?teurtheremore,
      if "unextended objects" were to be instead classified as beings of a
      different sort, not non beings... what would non beings be?

      Also, is it correct to say that every being has at least one non
      being counter part?

      e.g. If a door is open, it's non being counterparts would be all
      stages of being shut that it is not.

      ttyl

      Nick