Sartre and the authentic Philosoher

  • Richard Radandt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2002
      William James as usual is wrong. It's not one of hating someone else's thinking. It's one of liking the freedom of your own desires and stresses. It's exercising your own creative freedom in possibilities. It's living with the consequences. In the world of experience, I create my desires and my stresses. I don't create the beliefs for the other. Since this is true, I don't hate the other or his beliefs. I create the possibilities to express my desires and stresses. I discover the other to love and not to hate. I want to enhance the other and let the other enhance me. That's, I must be Being in the world first as Being. I use my labor power in a non-alienating way, non-hating. I create the cooperation and affections to enhance the in its there-alone and the in its other there-alone. From this, I might also want to be a philosopher.

      Copyright November 04, 2002 by Richard Radandt at richradandt@... page 1 of 1