Richard's Economics...

  • jpsartrean
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      Richard, since you are certainly an opponent (understatement) of
      Capitalism, what - may I ask - would you suggest it be replaced
      with? We do need labor, don't we? How else could we decide what to
      produce, how to produce it, and who will do the producing? Although
      I agree that Capitalism causes many MANY terrible things, what else
      should (or even could) be adopted in its place? Or perhaps you think
      we should just abolish all forms of private property altogether...?
      I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed. You should read
      Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron" sometime - especially if you think
      that the Other as an object of conflict is a faulty perspective. Or
      perhaps Nietzsche's "Will to Power" - though I imagine you would be
      unwilling to address his argument(s) sincerely. I'll reply to your
      most recent post later - I'm off to sleep (in a bed made
      by "exploited" labor).

      - Me again