Capitalism

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
      At 7:58 am +0100 1/8/02, quotes@... wrote:
      >The truth is that capitalism has not only multiplied population
      >figures, but at the same time, improved the people's standard of
      >living in an unprecedented way. Neither economic thinking nor
      >historical experience suggest that any other social system could be
      >as beneficial to the masses as capitalism.
      >
      >Ludwig von Mises

      I received this quotation this morning. Who was Ludwig von Mises?
      What would Sartre have replied to this statement? Have population
      figures and peoples' "standard of living" anything to do with Being
      in the World?

      Tommy
    • Tom Oduor
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
        dear,
        i am in the middle of a year of withdrawal and i will
        not be able to benefit from all the correspondence in
        your group, i would register again later. for now
        unsubscribe me.
        tom wema.

        http://health.yahoo.com