Re: [Sartre] Re: This is peachy!!!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 7:34 PM
      The bus example? Is this why owning a personal automobile is often seen and advertised as an increased measure of freedom? Philip is right, I think, when he describes the comparative ambit of Sartrean freedom as really quite finite and limited. Sometimes, the only freedom we have is how we will think of things and what meanings we will ascribe to events. But if we have that freedom, then we have virtually infinite freedom. Whether anything in the universe has any meaning is entirely up to us.