Re: [Sartre] Grounding the Real World to Philosophy

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2002
      Well said Joe. Philosophy is more like poetry and literature than science or technology. Philosophy is a mental undertaking that seeks to improve the individual from within by informing the attitude and conditioning the mind to greater complexities. It is not here to tell you rather to leave a 15% or a 30% tip for the waitress at the restaurant or how to make a better mouse trap, although the affect of philosophy might be to make you less concerned about money and more tolerant of mice.