Sartre's language

  • DJRNews@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2000
      In a message dated 10/3/00 12:05am GMT Standard Time, olddan@...
      writes:

      << Why are these people cutting off their subscriptions to our list. >>

      Although the list's been a bit quiet recently, I'm happy to say that we now
      have about 165 members of our e-mail community.

      <<How about discussing/fighting about something people would be interested
      in? I am a new member so I am not sure what that would be. Please HELP!!!!>>

      Sartre makes a big song and dance about man's "absolute freedom" but when he
      defines this it seems to turn out to be something much more conservative than
      his language would suggest. Is Sartre's philosophy a victim of his own
      misleading and hyperbolic language?

      Don.

      You are invited to visit the following websites:

      Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy UK - <A HREF="http://www.UKhypnosis.com">www.UKhypnosi
      s.com</A>
      Jean-Paul Sartre Homepage - <A HREF="www.sartre.org.uk">www.Sartre.org.uk</A>
      Merton YAP Drugs Project - <A HREF="www.yap.org.uk">www.YAP.org.uk</A>