Chocolet Ice Cream

  • dnewdeath@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2001
      Gerry, I think that is very existential. (The Ice Cream) A lot of stuffy people here. I've found little sense of humor. I do like reading some of the posts that are actually related to existentialism. One person filtered me out after my second post because I did not meet her requirements, and definition of "intellectual." I am existential to the bone. You are going to find a lot of really serious, really well thought out stuff here, very interesting things. I seldom post, but I do read almost all of the posts. Although I admire JPS very much, and pretty much a member of his school of thought...I do think he was a very original thinker in most ways, and believe that he deserved the Nobel he turned down...I honestly think that he invented his brand of existentialism to pick up girls...at this point a lot of people are hitting the notify AOL Button...which I know because I was notified by AOL. Some do not understand that an existentialist will argue his position rather than discuss it. Some find intensity offensive. Some fail to understand that there may be literary trickery at play here. Let me tell you though, you will like and respect the Moderator...he knows his stuff. Am I allowed to use words like "stuff " here? Can I use phrases like, "pretty much?" Am I out of line because I think that existentialism as per Sartre is pretty much straight forward stuff that can be under-felt, and over intellectualized?

      NewDeath (Registered Trade Mark 1994)
        Daniel Rocco-
        NewDeath(TM)1995/dnewdeath@... /0/<<<<<<Visit Daniel Rocco's Home Page^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    • Gerry Reinhart-Waller
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
        Huh?  Existential that I like ice cream?  Or are you commenting on what you included along with ice cream that I DIDN'T comment on?  And if you think JPS invented existentialism to "pick up girls", that's a noble thought!  When I was an undergraduate so few men were familiar with JPS; however, the "idea" of meeting someone literate was always an objective of mine.  Actually several of my college "friends" were if the scholarly type only I chose to move to California.  Was that ever a mistake!

        Gerry

        Sartre homepage: http://www.Sartre.org.uk/

        <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search/?keyword=Jean-Paul+Sartre&tag=donaldrobertson">Click here to purchase books by Jean-Paul Sartre -in association with Amazon (US).</A>