Re: [Sartre] Sartre:Why Is There Something Rather Than Nothing?

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2001
      Lewis wrote:
      >>I ask you, has this person lost his mind? Or has he simply left it
      behind somewhere, like maybe some local tavern, where,
      free to relax and suss out its own nausea, it may some
      day fade away, permanently, into oblivion?<<

      Res ipsa loquitur.  If you are interested in reading about the issue of why there is something rather than nothing from people in full possession of their faculties, I refer you to two books--
      Nothingness by Henning Genz, a professor of theoretical physics at the University of Karlsruhe, and The Book of Nothing by John D. Barrow, who is research professor of mathematical sciences in the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics at Cambridge University.