For Lewis Mmmmmwah!

  • gevans613@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2001
      Dearie dearie me Lewis,

      All that I've found up to now is a rather gauche poem manqué that doesn't even scan properly, and some pretentious name-dropping garbage in a 435- word message that manages to move effortlessly from Lacan, through Freud, Wittgenstein, Schopenhauer and Plotinus all in one short piece.  Wowsie - wowsie - we ARE well read now aren't we?    We're going to have some fun with you I can see!

      While I'm going through this - the  kitsch message you wrote to  the Sartre List  I mean - the one I got from the Yahoo website -  perhaps you could steer me towards some other stuff you've written?  Purely for educational  purposes you understand.  I tried doing a web trawl using your name,  but came up with zilch - what school do you go to?    But - sorry - no more immature poetry please - one was enough for now  thanks.
      We've already got a first class poet on this list - we are not impressed with doggerel.

      Wonderful to get to know you though -  through the magic of the Internet.  That's what it's all about - constructive critiscism and an exchange of ideas isn't it?

      Oh, BTW - one last thing - like most people I am not partial to personal abuse - if you continue in this vein I'll ask the List Boss to send you a warning - we don't want that sort of behaviour on a decent list like this now do we?  Specially as I've been a member for some years now and feel quite partial to it  - and protective towards it, and proud to be a contributer.   Sentimental?  Overly sensitive?  Maybe?  But I'm sure you get the message?

      Best wishes,

      Jud Evans.

    • Lewis Vella
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2001
        You just wait, this autodidactic,
        no-more-than-a-high-school graduate, save for a
        marketing dipoloma from community college -- something
        that taught me the value of self-promotion,
        distribution, and, possession (my word choice,
        substituted here) of the mind -- 40-year-old, SWM, is
        not finished with you yet.

        God Bless!

        L.V.

        P.S. Don't get paranoid just cause I have faith in
        something which you, perhaps, don't. You probably
        can't know yet, but I still have my morals -- they
        arrived naturally with my believe.

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com