Negritude & Sartre

  • T. Emerson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5 11:37 PM
      I'm requesting more information on Sartre's article "Black Orpheus". Here,
      apparently, Sartre sets out to critique ne'gritude, the assertion that all
      people of 'negro' descent shared certain inalienable characteristics. I am
      mostly familiar with the work of W.E.B. Dubois in this regard. The
      ne'gritude movement claimed that the 'negro' possessed a distinct
      'personality'.

      [This message contained attachments]