Negritude & Sartre

  • T. Emerson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2000
      I'm requesting more information on Sartre's article "Black Orpheus". Here,
      apparently, Sartre sets out to critique ne'gritude, the assertion that all
      people of 'negro' descent shared certain inalienable characteristics. I am
      mostly familiar with the work of W.E.B. Dubois in this regard. The
      ne'gritude movement claimed that the 'negro' possessed a distinct
      'personality'.

      [This message contained attachments]