electrical impulses......

  • silk
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2001
      I am of the opinion that consciousness "desires" to have a
      physcial experience & will form matter about itself in such a way as to
      have the means for that experience. The physical does not dictate to the
      spiritual (consciousness) the physical follows the spiritual or
      consciousness. What came first the chicken or the egg type thing, as I see
      it the chicken is simply what the egg uses to make another egg! All of our
      experience could come down to the matter of a few electrical processes in
      the brain & the "lost" human being dealing with the knowledge that the
      spirituality that once supported them was no more than a flash in the pan!
      This is the poisioned apple that the "realist" perspective offers humanity!
      Death is not the greatest loss in life, the greatest loss is what dies in
      us (hope & spirit & youthful positivity) while we live. Gods greatest gift
      man is death. No more sorrow no more pain no more hunger or longing for the
      impossible............... and none dare call it treason! chao/silk
      P.S. I am most interested in consciousness & matters of the mind therefore
      if you know of any email lists concerning such things please do in form me.
    • Markos Vennos
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2001
        I disagree. Gods greatest gift to us is life. I am not an awakened being.
        I believe you are right when you say consciousness desires experience. The
        experience it desires is to know itself as it truly is. above the mind.
        energy dissapates but it does not disappear. i believe in rebirth...until
        finally it is realized that heaven is here on earth. then there is no more
        suffering, no more desire. not very sartrean i know...just putting in my
        two cents. mark

        Gods greatest gift