Re: Psychoanalysis & emotion

  • DJRNews@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2000
      In a message dated 26/1/00 5:09pm GMT Standard Time, bennettr20@...

      << In 1958, John Huston commissioned Sartre to write a screen play on Freud.
      Sartre was asked to condense it and actually expanded the text. Both texts
      are available in English (tr. Q. Hoare) from the Univ. Chicago Press. Since
      Sartre's thinking was continually unfolding, it invites comparison and
      refection. >>

      Have you read it? I was very disappointed, there are only a few passages I
      found of any philosophical interest. I thought the story was told in a
      surprisingly orthodox and uninspired way, I heard a critic described it as
      "kitsch". No Exit is a far more interesting and philosophical work, and
      probably has more to offer psychoanalytic theorists.

      You are invited to visit the following websites:

      Jean-Paul Sartre Homepage - <A
      HREF="http://members.aol.com/DonJohnR/Philosophy/Sartre.html">Click here</A>
      Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy UK - <A
      HREF="http://members.aol.com/DonJohnR/Hypnosis/Hypnohome.html">Click here</A>