Introducing myself

  • mbredstrup@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2000
      Hello

      My name is Magnus B. Bredstrup and I'm a scholar at a danish highschool.
      I'd just like to introduce myself or more likely; my main topics of interest
      in existential philosophy. I'm currently reading Jean-Paul Sartre, Friedrich Nietzsche and Arthur Schopenhauer. I also think that Michel Foucault's philosophy is interesting, so if there's anyone who has read him (I know that he isn't an existentialist, but anyway...) I'd to share viewpoints on his main topics(power, the subject etc.)
      When it comes to Sartre's thoughts I'm interested all of them (though I'm not yet familiar with 'Kritik af den dialektiske fornuft'(I don't know the title in english)).
      Right now I'm interested in Sartre's defition of the ego as a transcendent object of the mind and other topics concerning the intentional consciousness.
    • DJRNews@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2000
        In a message dated 6/1/00 8:56pm GMT Standard Time, mbredstrup@...
        writes:

        << Right now I'm interested in Sartre's defition of the ego as a transcendent
        object of the mind and other topics concerning the intentional consciousness.

        Hi. There's an essay on the transcendence of the ego on the homepage of this
        discussion group.

        Don.

        You are invited to visit the following websites:

        Jean-Paul Sartre Homepage - <A
        HREF="http://members.aol.com/DonJohnR/Philosophy/Sartre.html">Click here</A>
        Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy UK - <A
        HREF="http://members.aol.com/DonJohnR/Hypnosis/Hypnohome.html">Click here</A>