Re: Sartre on love relations;

  • kamleshmistryy@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2001
      THE BELOW MESSAGE WILL BE OF INTEREST TO YOU. THESE STORIES SET THE
      TONE FOR MORE HARMONIOUS RELATIONSHIPS, AND THEY ARE ALSO VERY
      ENTERTAINING !

      Please share this with your members, they will definately enjoy it:

      FELLO READERS,

      Truly remarkable stories that will touch your soul and make you
      smile, laugh, cry, and wonder are free at
      http://www.hinduweb.org/home/children_and_youth/chuckoo
      These stories promote love, understanding, and harmonious
      relationships...

      Sample story enclosed below (keep scrolling down). If you enjoy it,
      pass this message to all your friends.

      The Hunt

      Once upon a time, there lived a mighty King named Dhananjaya ( The-
      none-jaya ) in the land of Lalaland. There were no troubles in his
      kingdom. He was the proud King of a happy people. However, he had
      only one problem. He was an extremely bored King.

      One day, he decided to go on a hunting expedition with his son,
      Ananda ( Ah+none+d ). Anand was a peppy little boy of the age of 10.
      Since he was the only son of the King, everybody just called
      him "boy." Anand did not know what a hunting expedition was or why he
      was going, nevertheless, he knew he was going somewhere with his
      father, and that it was a special trip. He was very excited to go
      hunting, even though he did not know the meaning of the word.

      "What's hunting?," the boy asked the Maharajah (King). "It's when you
      go to the forest and chase down a tiger. "Oh, I see," the boy
      replied, nodding his head in affirmation. A few moments later, he
      asked his father, "Why do we want to chase a tiger?" "So we can shoot
      it!" replied the King. "Oh, I see," the boy said, nodding his head in
      affirmation. A few moments later, he asked his father, "What will we
      do with the tiger's picture?" Being a little annoyed, His Royal
      Majesty replied, "You are asking too many questions, my boy! Go to
      your mother. She will help you pack your underwear and bottle of
      milk! We will be gone for a few days. My boy, I'm taking you so that
      you can learn to be a courageous and honorable man like your father.
      Now off you go, at once!"

      The boy didn't know what was meant by the word "shoot." He thought
      that they were going to shoot pictures with a camera.

      The King, his comrades, and the boy went on elephant back to the
      jungle. The boy was smiling and excited, "Alright! We're going
      hunting! We're going hunting! I'm very happy father!" "That's right
      my boy, we are going hunting," replied his father with a smile.

      Little did the boy know that the journey was just beginning, and that
      it would take a very long time to begin the true adventure. A few
      hours later, the boy was exhausted. "I thought we were going
      hunting," said the boy. "It's a long trip," explained Thakor (Tock-
      or), one of the King's cipoy's (security guard), "It will take one
      day just to get to the jungle. The real adventure begins
      tomorrow." "Oh, I see," the boy responded in a disappointed tone. He
      was sad and exhausted. He just put his head down and fell asleep
      right on the elephant.

      The next morning, the party was well rested, and had a scrumptious
      breakfast. They were all feeling fresh and alive. They entered the
      jungle on elephant back. The boy was smiling and excited, "Alright!
      We're finally going hunting! We're finally going hunting! I'm very
      happy father!" "That's right my boy, we are finally going hunting,"
      replied his father with a smile. For hours and hours they roamed in
      the jungle, looking for a tiger. After a few hours, the boy was
      exhausted. "Hunting is boring!," cried the boy. "Tiger is not easy to
      find," explained Thakor, "It will take some time to find. That is
      part of the adventure." "Oh, I see," the boy responded silently in a
      disappointed, faint tone. He was sad and exhausted. He just put his
      head down and fell asleep right on the elephant.

      "Kpow!" went the gun. The boy woke up. The King had missed his
      target. And the tiger went off running. "What's going on?" cried the
      boy. Everyone was drowning in the excitement of the moment. Nobody
      paid any attention to the boy.

      "We will wait awhile, " said the King, "We will follow the tracks.
      And next time we spot him, we shall form a circle around him. I will
      do the shooting. If I should miss, you fellows will have to shoot him
      when he comes to you. If he comes to you, you must shoot the leg
      only. I will finish the job!"

      The boy had never seen a gun before. He had no idea what was going
      on. "Why would anyone want a picture of the tiger's leg?," he thought
      to himself. Anyway, he knew that the action was just now starting, so
      he was very excited. He dared not go back to sleep now.

      So off they went following the tracks and looking through the
      binoculars to try and find the tiger from a distance. All the while,
      sitting right in the reach of the boy's hand was that gun which he
      grew to be very curious about.

      To continue the story, visit

      -- In Sartre@y..., "Jawwad Noor" <exxistentialist@h...> wrote:
      > We can try, ofcourse, but the real question is whether we can
      succeed at
      > eradicating conflict from our relationship.
      >

      > >From: "Christopher Bobo" <cbobo@m...>
      > >To: "Sartre_yahoogr" <Sartre@y...>
      > >Subject: Re: [Sartre] Sartre on love relations;
      > >Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:02:40 -0700
      > >From sentto-222825-2607-996389530-exxistentialist Sat, 28 Jul 2001
      23:54:22
      > >-0700
      > >
      > >Why not skip Being and Nothingness and try to have a simple
      relationship
      > >without conflict?

      keyword=Jean-Paul+Sartre&tag=donaldrobertson">Click
      > >here to purchase books by Jean-Paul Sartre -in association with
      Amazon

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp