post-structuralism vs. existentialism

  • hushdavid@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2001
      Hi, I'm new to the list and new to philosophy
      I have just recently started studying post-structuralism and thought it would
      be intresting on hearing the list remarks regarding the school of thought.
      From what I have currently gathered from some writings (mainly Derrida) no
      original concept can exist in a structure, it is re-arranged context; but in
      other writings it speaks of a transcendental signified that can be replaced.
      How would this be possible?
      what are the lists thoughts on post-structuralism?
      again. im new to this- so I could be over looking the obvious
      thanks
      david