Re: Foucaul, Sartre and the formalist/structuralist projection

  • Nicol├ís Lerner
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 1996
      Dear Andrea,
      To give you a little hand, you shouldn't forget
      something very important regading "What's an author?" as well as any other
      text. What's important is where it was first published and why it was
      published there and then. The article was first published on the French
      magazine "Tel quel" (I hope I'm writing it correctly) right after Roland
      Barthes had published his well known -and controverted by the way- article
      "The death of the author". These kind of exchanges were somewhat common at
      that time and on that magazine. You should read that article to get a brief
      idea of what Foucault starting point was. In my opinion, you shouldn't see
      that Foucault's article "killed" the previous positions. Why don't you
      verify what remains (of the previous positions) in "What's and author"?

      Besos

      Nick