Re: A Nice Wee Book

  • Andrew Albert J. Ty
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 1999
      APOLOGIES FOR HAVING NO SARTRE CONTENT...

      Hmm, I've heard of this book from somewhere. A book that I used to have was called
      Irrational Man--while not made up of primary texts, it was nevertheless a good read
      and works quite well as an overview. About the Kaufman, what selections from Rilke
      are included?

      Andrew

    • DJRNews@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 1999
        In a message dated 11/11/99 6:57pm GMT Standard Time,
        andrewty@... writes:

        << About the Kaufman, what selections from Rilke are included? >>

        Some passages from The Notes of Malte Laurids Brigge (1910). Kaufman claims
        that it was one of the books which influenced Sartre's Nausea.
        Late Night Philosophy Trivia: Heidegger wrote a commentary on one of
        Rilke's later poems, Wittgenstein patronised Rilke to the tune of 20,000
        Austrian crowns in 1914 (about �15,000 in todays money).

        Don.