Fwd: [0904.4895] Could one make a diamond-based quantum computer?

  • JACK SARFATTI
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: JACK SARFATTI <sarfatti@...>
      Date: May 1, 2009 12:19:14 PM PDT
      Cc: Creon Levit <creon.levit@...>, S-P Sirag <sirag@...>
      Subject: Re: [0904.4895] Could one make a diamond-based quantum computer?

      that's Marshall Stoneham FRS
      we wrote important paper together at Harwell UKAEA on Goldstone Theorem & Jahn-Teller Effect 1967
      I see him at Royal Society in London,
      On May 1, 2009, at 12:07 PM, lensman137@... wrote:

      http://arxiv.org/abs/0904.4895

      Imagine ET ship exteriors being constructed of micromachined diamond -- shades of Larry Niven's Ringworld, and the General Products #4 diamond hulled starships.  Carbon nanotubes are just black diamonds.

      also they would need to be ultra high Tc superconducting & metamaterial most likely