Re: Hunger Crisis Petition Delivery Tomorrow - Take Action Now

  • Jack Sarfatti
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008
      Practically speaking, idealistic plans like you suggest are not possible. It's going to be ugly, no doubt about it, bar a miracle like ETs landing and a Star Gate to other worlds opening up - billions will die in war and eco-collapse by the middle of this century is my reluctant guess and I sincerely hope I am completely wrong in this prediction. There will be attempted mass migrations north into Canada, Alaska, Greenland, Siberia if there is severe global warming and sea level rise and of course the local armed forces will prevent that. The equatorial regions of the planet will become waste lands including Middle East  & most of Africa - except for enclaves where oil is pumped. Local populations will be decimated. Australia and southern tip of South America will probably survive. What China will do is a big question. India also - India will be largely uninhabitable if Al Gore & Co turn out to be correct about Global Warming - of course an Ice Age is also possible.

      On May 1, 2008, at 9:17 AM, erickrieg@... wrote:

       the huge human population bubble is is just like one more stock bubble waiting to burst.  The breeding rate of compassionate functional people like me who have given to the poor is way under the breeding rate of those liberals try to help.   Us bleeding hearts have negative population growth - those we help are growing exponentially and badly stressing the world on the way.  I now feel that world aid needs to change in two dramatic ways - it has to be "Triage" style and should only be done to population groups who agree to massive birth control.  "Feed and sterilize the hungry" is the most truly humane program I can think of.  Someone asking for food is the wrong person to continue breeding like rats.  Only offer food to sterile hungry people.    I've found this concept to be too tough for old liberals to grasp (they just can't think long term and can't accept setting terms on giving help) - young liberals can seem to embrace this concept.   Still, science and technology advances (like franken foods) can delay the bubble burst until it is just a greater number of billions in the inevitable die off.   If I could invent a virus that sterilizes people - it would do a lot of net good, than people with the means to support new children could just get corrected.  It should be that people are born sterile and have to pay to be capable of reproduction.

      On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Jack Sarfatti wrote:

      I am afraid there is no happy solution to this problem. Billions of the most vulnerable humans on this planet will die badly this century - simply too many people on too small a planet. Charity begins at home and that means nasty missions ahead for US & British, French ... Military to take what we need in oil, water, food, land etc. if this global crisis escalates as it looks like it will. I don't like it, but I see no way out. It's morally repugnant of course, but when it's a matter of sheer survival we cannot afford morality. We are not yet at that stage of course, but it could come in the next ten years or sooner. I hope I am wrong here of course. I am sure Putin in Russia will do what is necessary as will the mainland Chinese. Of course, global warming is good for Russia (Siberia), Canada, Alaska, Nordic nations. I do not see the majority of even liberal democrats in America and Europe giving up their homes, houses, creature comforts for the starving masses - not that it would help if they did.

      From: "David Lane, ONE.org" < one-help@...>
      Date: April 30, 2008 11:41:30 AM PDT
      To: "David Shaheen" < Ras7945@...>
      Subject: Hunger Crisis Petition Delivery Tomorrow - Take Action Now

      Dear David,
      Tomorrow afternoon, we are meeting with the President's representative to the G8 at the White House to bring your voice to the table on the global hunger crisis and our broad commitment to fighting extreme poverty and disease.
      More than 115,000 ONE members have already signed our petition to President Bush , urging him to lead the G8—the eight wealthiest nations of the world—in addressing the global hunger crisis.
      There's only one more day to sign this petition before that meeting. Please take this critical last chance to advocate for millions around the globe who are seeing the food they already struggle to afford slip entirely out of reach.
      By clicking the link you'll add your name to the petition below.
      President Bush,
      The soaring cost of staple foods and the resulting hunger crisis has caused riots from Haiti to Bangladesh, threatens hundreds of thousands of people with starvation and could push one hundred million more people deeper into poverty.  Please build on your recent commitment by taking immediate action to:
      1) Prioritize issues of global poverty, including the world hunger crisis on the agenda of the G8 Summit this July in Japan.
      2) At the summit, secure commitments for additional resources for all types of food assistance and increased agricultural productivity in developing countries.
      The World Bank estimates that this current crisis threatens to push 100 million more people deeper into poverty. That's why the G8 must take emergency action to counter high food prices with more and more flexible food assistance.  But even more important for the long term, is the need to make long overdue investments in agricultural development.
      Stories of extraordinary suffering related to the hunger crisis are coming in from every corner of the globe. In Afghanistan's Panshir Valley, families who once ate meat, grains and vegetables are now subsisting off of a dry brown paste made from mulberries. Floods have ruined their harvest, and because of rising food prices, they can't afford to buy food at market as they had in the past.
      The Green Revolution in the middle of the last century brought great advances in agricultural productivity.  But since then, investment in agricultural productivity in the developing world by wealthy nations stopped being a priority. It's going to take a global commitment to a new agricultural revolution for farmers in Africa and across the developing world to achieve self-sufficiency.
      Tomorrow's meeting is our chance to tell President Bush, his representative at the G8 and the leaders of the most powerful nations in the world that we support urgent action.   We only have a little more than 24 hours to make our voices heard and urge the G8 to solve this crisis that could derail all our work helping the world's most vulnerable people beat poverty and disease.
      Click the link below, and we'll add your name to the petition to help end the global hunger crisis.
      Thank you,
      David Lane, ONE.org

    • Jack Sarfatti
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2008
        PS - on the "bright side" ;-) no more war on terror, no more Middle East, no more Israel, no more Syria, no more Iraq, no more Iran etc. etc. all will become virtually uninhabitable because either from excessive heat or flooding in this plausible worst-case scenario - the sunken palaces of Dubai and UAE explored by ET archaeologists?

        http://www.eikongraphia.com/?p=1962

        Ozymandias

        By Percy Bysshe Shelley

        Who said--"Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

        Stand in the desart....Near them, on the sand,

        Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
        5
        And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,

        Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

        Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

        The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;

        And on the pedestal, these words appear:
        10
        My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings,

        Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

        Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

        Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare

        The lone and level sands stretch far away."

        http://www.pbs.org/weta/carrier/

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e3yADj3JUk

        http://www.comw.org/cmp/

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2008
          Either way same final result.

          On May 1, 2008, at 10:00 AM, david mosier wrote:

          This is Chicken Little (the sky is falling, the sky is falling) chicken-shit.  If billions die it will be due to them being starved to death by Greens and Leftists who prevent them from having Genetically Modified food and Nuclear Power.  They may die but it won't be because of an eco-collapse, or global warming.  It will be because the Greens and Leftists are able to use the threat of an eco-disaster to perpetrate the largest man-made mass liquidation in the history of the planet.