MOVETOAMEND.ORG tours through Florida! Event list here!

  • Women for Peace
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2010
      Worried about the future of democracy in Florida?
      Then be sure to attend this event to LEARN MORE!
      MovetoAmend.org is a coalition dedicated to ending the illegitimate legal doctrines that prevent the American people from governing ourselves.

      The Florida Move to Amend tour features David Cobb, attorney, activist, former presidential candidate, from Sept 12th to Sept 19th. David Cobb was the Green Party nominee for President of the United States in 2004, and served as the General Counsel for the national Green Party from its creation until 2003. His entire legal career has been directed to challenge illegitimate corporate power. He is a principal with the Program on Corporations Law & Democracy (http://www.poclad.org) and Campaigns Director for Democracy Unlimited of Humboldt County (http://www.duhc.org).

      Mr. Cobb and local speakers to include Mark Adams, John Russell, Kindra Muntz, will give presentations about how unchecked corporate influence threatens to undermine our democratic republic and our way of life. In addition, the speakers from local organizations will discuss how their missions are impacted by excessive corporate power and demonstrate the urgent need reject the recent U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United vs. FEC. The MOVE TO AMEND the U.S. Constitution is to firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to Constitutional Rights. In his Florida speeches Cobb will illustrate how corporations have hijacked our government and describe the national coalition of diverse public interest, community, and business organizations which has issued a bold call to amend the U.S. Constitution to restore the power of people over corporations. After the presentations, the speakers will take questions from the audience and media.

      We urge all concerned citizens to sign the Move to Amend petition, talk to local politicians, and spread the word via local media, elists and social networks.
      Learn more about more actions that you can take at http://www.movetoamend.org.
      Suggested donation of $10 mas o menos/more or less - no one will be turned away for lack of cash!

      Mr. Cobb will be speaking throughout Florida between Sept. 12th and 19th at the following locations:

      Miami, Sun, Sept 12:
      7-9pm
      Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Miami
      7701 SW 76th Ave.
      Miami, FL 33143-4125
      Steve Showen, steve@...; 305-573-2909.

      Ft. Lauderdale, Mon, Sept 13
      2-4pm
      Unitarian Universalist Church
      3970 N.W. 21st Ave,
      Ft. Lauderdale, FL
      Andrew Markoff andrewmarkoff@... 954-934-9018

      Lake Worth, Tues, Sept 14
      2-4pm
      Palm Beach State College, Lake Worth - Stage West
      Bonnie Redding bonnie_redding@... 561-762-8191.

      West Palm, Tues, Sept 14
      7-9pm
      Unitarian Church
      635 Prosperity Farms Rd.
      North Palm Beach, FL 33408
      Milo Vannucci joyous111@... 561-315-2557

      Boca Raton, Wed, Sept 15, 11am-1pm:
      Palm Beach State College, Boca Raton – HT103 (MORE TO COME) Bobbette Wolesensky bwolesensky@... 561-862-4433

      Boca Raton, Wed, Sept 15
      7-9pm
      St Andrews Estate South
      6045 Verde Trail S.
      Boca Raton FL
      Nancy Parker nparker@... 561.702.4174

      Melbourne, Thurs, Sept 16
      7-9pm
      Unitarian Universalist Church
      West 2185 Meadowlane Ave.
      West Melbourne, FL 32904-4953
      Gregory Wilson, gvwilson@... 772-486-4029

      Ormond Beach, Fri, Sep 17th
      1-3pm
      Unitarian Universalist Society of the Daytona Beach Area,
      56 N. Halifax Drive
      Ormond Beach, FL 32176.
      Carla Christianson 386-677-1176 carlaormand@...

      Gainesville, Fri, Sept 17
      7-9pm:
      Friends Meeting House
      702 Northwest 38th St.
      Gainesville 32607
      Michael Canney alachuagreen@... (386) 418 3791

      Sarasota, Sat, Sept 18
      10am-Noon
      UU Church of Sarasota
      3975 Fruitville Rd.
      Sarasota, FL 34232-1614
      Kindra Muntz kindramuntz@... 508-564-6208

      Tampa, Sat, Sept 18
      3-5pm
      John F Germany Library
      900 N Ashley Dr.
      Tampa Florida 33602
      Anita Stewart anitamstewart@... 813-312-2292

      Seminole, Sat, Sept 18
      7-9pm
      FUNDRAISER/RECEPTION RSVP
      Mike Fox mike@... (727) 320-4502 for address

      Orlando, Sun Sept 19
      3-5pm
      Main Public Library,
      Cypress Room
      101 East Central Boulevard
      Orlando, FL 32801-2429
      Scott R. Tess, 321-230-8691, scotttess@...
      or
      Dini Sterngold atarahdove8@... 407-415-3366

      TAMPA'S EVENT PAGE:
      http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=138084209559739
      SARASOTA'S EVENT PAGE:
      http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149220255094865

      FLORIDA'S FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE:
      http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=153511444663221&ref=ts

      We urge all concerned citizens to sign the Move to Amend petition, talk to local politicians, and spread the word via local media. Learn more about actions you can take at http://www.movetoamend.org/.

      Suggested donation of $10 mas o menos/more or less - no one turned away for lack of cash!