Fw: URGENT: 1 Minute Action to Stop Drilling

  • lauren mitchell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2009

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: "Henbright@..." <Henbright@...>
      To: Henbright@...
      Sent: Wed, November 4, 2009 11:19:17 AM
      Subject: URGENT: 1 Minute Action to Stop Drilling

      IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT WE  CALL OR SEND EMAILS TO SENATOR NANCY DETERT THAT WE OPPOSE OFF-SHORE DRILLING WITHIN TEN MILES OF FLORIDA'S COAST.

      Nancy Detert at a recent meeting with groups from the Sarasota area (including CONA's Dick Sheldon), she said she needs to hear from INDIVIDUALS if they OPPOSE NEAR-SHORE DRILLING. Apparently, she plans to vote for or against drilling in the Gulf depending on what she hears from her constituents.  As a very influential Senator from SW Florida, her vote on this issue is enormously important.

      So, please call or email Nancy Detert and also ask your  friends, neighbors and other contacts to contact her directly!
      Detert's phone is 480-3547 and email is detert.nancy.web@...

        A 1 minute phone call or a short email note with the subject : "OPPOSE DRILLING" would be great. It is important to give your name and address to show you are a constituent.Thanks so much for your QUICK action!

      Here is what I sent:

      Dear Senator Detert,

      I am adamantly opposed to oil drilling off our coasts. The potential damage outweighs any possible benefits. Please oppose it.
      Thank you
      Henry Bright
      2307 Bayshore Rd, Nokomis, FL 34275
      941-966-5784