Global Warming - Buchanan's office - Monday Aug. 6 - 11AM

  • jaires4@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 12:13 PM

      Tell Rep. Buchanan to Stop Global Warming

      It’s time to get your voice heard on global warming. Next week, as members of Congress begin arriving home for break, we thought that it would be nice to welcome them back with a message: Stop global warming. So please join us on Monday, August 6th and let Rep. Buchanan know how important this issue is to you.
      Who: TrueMajority, Greenpeace, your community and you

      What: It’s summer recess for Congress. We’re welcoming home the Congressman, and letting him know we’ve been feeling the heat here in Florida.  We’ll have a “Welcome Home” cake, along with a big gift of handwritten letters, postcards, and photos to show him how much we care about global warming.  When he goes back to Washington, D.C., he’ll know we want him to act on global warming NOW!

      Where:
      Congressman Buchanan's Office
      235 N. Orange Ave
      Sarasota, FL

      When: 11:00am Monday, August 6.
      Rep. Buchanan is starting to hear the voices and feel the heat. Here in Florida we’re seeing more droughts,  extreme weather, red tides and the threat of super-charged hurricanes. Through TrueMajority's Project Hot Seat and your conviction, Congress is waking up to the reality that immediate action is required. We must guarantee global warming pollution reductions with enforceable deadlines and we need to start an "Energy Revolution" by promoting clean and efficient sources of energy, not dirty and dangerous fossil fuels or nuclear power.
      We know you’re ready for action. Now let’s welcome home Rep. Buchanan back to Florida and get him going on real solutions to global warming!
      R.S.V.P. to Graham Kuzia at floridahotseat@...
      Your friend,
      Ben Kroetz
      TrueMajority Field Director