RNC ~ under siege

  • CODEPINK DNC/RNC activist coordinator
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008
      good morning dear pinks!
      Just an update on the RNC. We had an amazing parade yesterday in St  Paul with no incidents.
      Until last night. Many of you have heard that Amy Goodman was arrested yesterday but she has been released.
      The city went from tense to angry to under siege last night.
      Minnesota nice is no more, at least in regard to the police.
      But I don't think the police we are encountering are actually from MN as none of them sound like it.
      They don't know where even the next street is located and they look like steroid pumped robocops from a surreal movie.
      There are many true stories about actions and events that occurred here so check out the pink tank for all that.

      Regretfully, Kathryn, our CP chapter president from University of Central Florida was arrested yesterday along with some other UCF students and will hopefully be released today.  I will update you as soon as I have more information on this.

      For now, keep the posithoughts going for us here and I will try to keep you updated.
      peace,
      deidra

      --
      Are you coming to conventions? Please take a moment today to fill out this FINAL FORM:
      http://www.codepinkaction.org/finalconventionsform

    • Phunt45@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008
        Sorry to hear about Kathyrn.

        Is CP doing any jail solidarity for her or others that were arrested? Is there anything we can do from our respective positions?

        Thanks

        Pat