Fw: ACTION ALERT: MARCH 19th. Forward widely...

  • lauren mitchell
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 5:14 AM

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Marco & Monica <bellaespana@...>
      Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 9:10:10 PM
      Subject: ACTION ALERT: MARCH 19th. Forward widely...

      Hi CODEPINK's and Friends,

      Join us as we, in one voice call for the END TO THE OCCUPATION OF IRAQ!
      In support of the actions taking place in D.C., we will be organizing locally in Sarasota.

      WHEN: March 19th, Wed., 5th Anniversary Of The Invasion Of Iraq.

      WHAT: NO MORE WAR!..... Five Years Too Many!
      We will be gathering at 7 major intersections along US 41 (about a 10 mile stretch).
      Each intersection will have one banner saying NO MORE WAR. We will be doing
      this twice during the day. (see below for locations and times). There will be
      coordinators at each location. Please contact the coordinator/s to let them know that
      you will be attending their location.
      All contact info. is below. You are also encouraged to bring your own signs & noise-makers.
      Our unified message needs to stay focused on ENDING THE WAR.

      TIMES: Noon to 1:00pm AND 4-5:00pm at all locations!
      Please join us for one or both times.

      WHERE: 7 Locations with Coordinator contacts:

      1) University Pkwy. at U.S. 41 1) Esther & Lawrence: 708-9204

      2) Gulfstream Av. at U.S. 41 2) Faith: 954-0497 or Mary Edda: 373-9012 maryedda@...

      3) Bahia Vista at U.S. 41 3) Macy: 955-2889 bkahuna559@...

      4) Proctor at U.S. 41 4) Donna: 448-7859 ladyleo475@... or
          Lauren: 962-6997 lcmitch78@...

      5) Bee Ridge at U.S. 41 5) Marco & Monica: 351-0507 bellaespana@...

      6) Stickney Pt. at U.S. 41 6) Joan: 356-1939

      7) Beneva at U.S. 41 7) Russ & Dixie: 918-4437 ramdix50@...

      This will be an incredible action if everyone turns out! That's YOU and ME!
      Let's make this the last "anniversary" of war!!! Join us!!!

      Peace,
      CODEPINK/ Sarasota