Fw: Siraiki World Association & Siraiki Kalaam

  • Gee Raza
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2009

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Dr. J. C. Batra <jcbatra@...>
      To: seraiki@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: geeraza@...; khubaid@...; pirzadafareed@...
      Sent: Saturday, 8 August, 2009 20:15:52
      Subject: Siraiki World Association & Siraiki Kalaam

      Dear Sir

      Please accept our sincere congratulations for forming this group of Siraiki World Association, we in India feel the need of the same, more than anyone else as we have been forcibly displaced from our Siraiki Mother Land since 1947.

      I on my own behalf & behalf of the Siraiki People of India wish this organisation a Grand Success!

      Please correct the spelling of Siraiki once for all in your communication as per GRIERSON Survey of Indian Languages the spelling of Siraiki is S I R A I K I . This spelling is universal and phonetically correct.

      Please find enclosed a Siraiki Kalaam and Invitation for Independence Day Celebration which is getting held in India on 13 August 2009 of which Indo-Pak Siraiki Mushaira is the highlight.

      Yours sincerely

      Dr.J.C.Batra
      Siraiki

      To: seraiki@yahoogroups.com
      From: geeraza@...
      Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:35:48 +0000
      Subject: [Seraiki] Saraiki World Association

      bhhiravo, sangtio, buzurgo, te mehrbaano!

      Saraiki lokaa.n dii poorii dunyaa dii satah te hik sangat qaaim kiitii Gaii he. ii.ndaa naa.n Saraiki aalmii sangat (Saraiki World Association) rakhaa Giaa he. ii.n sangat daa maqsad poorii dunyaa wich khinde hoe saraikiiaa.n koo.n hik Dojhe de Dukh sukh too.n bakhabar rakhNaa he. aao saaii.n wal saare Saraiki bhiraa ii.nde member baN ke hik Dojhe de qariib theeo.n te hik Dojhe daa haal wandoo.n.
      Saraiki World Association daa member baNaN kite join karo e group: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/SaraikiWor ld/
      سرائیکی عالمی سنگت
      بھراوو، سنگتیو، بزرگو تے مہربانو! سرائیکی لوکاں دی پوری دنیا دی سطح تے ہک سنگت قائم کیتی ڳئی ہے۔ ایندا ناں “سرائیکی عالمی سنگت” رکھا ڳیا ہے۔ ایں سنگت دا مقصد پوری دنیا وچ کھنڈے ہوئے سرائیکیاں کوں ہک ݙوجھے دے ݙکھ سکھ توں با خبر رکھݨا ہے۔ آؤ  سائیں! ول سارے سرائیکی بھرا ایندے ممبر بݨ کے ہک ݙوجھے دے قریب تھیووں تے ہک ݙوجھے دا حال ونڈوں۔
      سرائیکی عالمی سنگت دا ممبر بݨݨ کیتے جوائن کرو اے گروپ:

      From Sadr Saraiki World Association

      Date India’s Teen Diva. Find out if you hit it off with her or are her fiery opposite. Drag n’ drop

    • Sadr Sevra
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2009
        Sai.n, much thanks for saying congratulations and having good wishes for SWA and inviting us to Indo-Pak Saraiki Mushaira.In your beautiful poetry the pain of separating from Waseb can be felt.

        Before Grierson, actullay Burton first attempted to write Saraiki as "Siraiki". Grierson in fact has followed Burton. Burton lived in Sindh where he was told by someone verbally that Saraiki language name is derived form Sindhi word "Siro". But no one either R.F. Burton or Grierson had provided any local reference about etymolgy of Saraiki Language name. Christopher Shackle also followed Grierson and wrote Saraiki as "Siraiki" but he confessed that Saraiki derviation theory from Sindhi word "Siro" is unverified.

        In Pakistan Saraiki people speak their language name as सराइकी rather सिराइकी or सेराइकी. Therefor phonetically "Saraiki" is the correct spelling of Saraiki language name. In present days all theories about etymolgy of Saraiki language name have been tested linguistically and it has been concluded that the correct spelling of Saraiki langauge name in Roman script is Saraiki. I might in future send you a detailed document in this context.

        Best Regards-- SWA