Within My Dark Mind the Divine Light Has Dawned -- Guru Arjan Dev

  • santmat_mystic ( James )
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2006
      Within My Dark Mind the Divine Light Has Dawned -- Guru Arjan Dev

      Meditation Sangat:
      {"The things that aren't said can be more important
      than those that are." -- Dr. Vincent "Wally" Bolé}

      My doubt and dread are dispelled in an instant, within my dark mind
      the Divine Light has dawned.

      With every breath, Nanak meditates on the Lord and is ever, ever a
      sacrifice unto Him.

      In both the places, here and hereafter, the chivalrous Guru protects
      me. The Exalted Lord has embellished this world and the next one,
      all mine affairs are adjusted.

      Meditating upon the Lord God's Name, one enjoys celestial bliss and
      bathes in the dust of the saints' feet.

      His comings and goings cease, he obtains stability and his
      lamentations of many births are ended.

      He swims across the ocean of doubt and dread, his fear of death is
      past, he sees the one Lord fully filling all hearts.

      Nanak has come under the protection of the destroyer of sorrow and
      beholds His Presence, both within and without.

      Seeing the Lord's vision, all the ills hasten away.

      0 my Master, be Thou not ever out of my sight, and abide Thou with
      my soul.

      My Beloved Lord is the support of my life. My Lord, the Knower of
      hearts, pervades all.

      With every breath, I contemplate Thee, 0 Lord.

      0 Lord, the Ocean of Mercy and Compassionate to the poor, the One
      who cherishes all your souls.

      All day long, Thy servant, 0 Lord utters Thy Name. Thy love, Thou
      Thyself hast infused in Nanak.

      -- Guru Arjan Dev, Adi Granth
      ("Shri Guru Granth Sahib"),
      Volume Five,