Only Those Who Practice Sant Mat Will Know the Reality of IT - Light and Sound on the Path - Sant Mat Satsang
"It is a bliss remembering God even for a moment.
But only those, who practice it, know it." (Kabir)
May I see You with my eyes,
hear Your Sound
with my own ears.
Speak Your Name
in my own words, O Lord;
rest Your flower-like feet
on my heart. (Kabir)
Spiritual Awakening Radio
* Alistair Conwell, author of, "The Audible Life Stream", PT 1. Program Length: 60 Minutes. Click to Download MP3: http://bit.ly/fLtG8h * Alistair Conwell, author of, "The Audible Life Stream", Part 2. Program Length: 60 Minutes. Click to Download MP3: http://bit.ly/f6VwkC
The Path of the Masters - The Way of Inner Seeing, Hearing, and Oneness
"The knowledge of the soul and Supreme Soul is the highest level of knowledge for human beings. It uplifts us from earthly suffering, births and deaths to the State of Salvation (i.e. Moksha, Nirvana)." (Swami Ashutosh)
"When the practitioner collects and joins both the currents of consciousness at a Single Point within, as taught by the Master, in a state of complete concentration, the veil of darkness breaks and he views the Refulgent Light. There he hears many melodious Inner Sounds. With the Master's benevolence, he identifies the Quintessential Sound centered amongst those other Sounds. And with the help of that Quintessential Inner Sound, the practitioner's consciousness ascends to the Soundness Realm. He knows soul and Supreme Soul by experience, attaining salvation in the Living State itself, and thus he becomes the Supreme Master. This is the ultimate Level of knowledge in which Light and Sound play the principal role." (Swami Ashutosh)
"Look for and search for God within yourself, within your own body. God resides in your heart -- look for Him there. The White Point shines straight ahead and twinkles. You must concentrate in sushumna [middle path, middle nadi tube or channel in yoga] by leaving the restlessness of the mind behind. Where the Subtle Sounds vibrate in the ajna chakra, stay and make your dwelling. The door is subtle and sushumna is the Point or Window. With great effort, you can go through." (Sant Maharishi Mehi)
"I am glad to note that you saw stars, sun and moon as well as the Form of the Master, and heard the Sound of conch-shell. In future, when you see stars just try to pick out a big star among them and fix your inner gaze into the middle thereof. It will grow brighter and ultimately burst to give you further way up. If, however, you see the sun and the moon within you, just look into the middle thereof. That will also give you a way up. But when you see the Form of the Master within, just absorb yourself sweetly into It, so much so that you forget yourself. That will develop receptivity in you and the Master will speak to you as He does outside." (Kirpal Singh)
"The inner Light does not come or go. It is always there within. It appears only when we are attuned and concentrated and disappears as soon as there is the slightest dispersion. The Light will not vanish if you just keep your inner gaze constantly fixed." (Kirpal Singh, Spiritual Elixir, A Ruhani Satsang Book)
Upanishads: "Oh God, lead me from untruth to Truth, from darkness to Light, and from death to Immortality."
Quran: "Those who have faith in Allah, then Allah is their protector and helper. Allah takes them from darkness to Light."
Yeshua in, The Book of Pistis Sophia (Gnostic Gospel of Faith Wisdom): "Do not cease seeking day or night and do not let yourselves relax until you find the Mysteries of the Kingdom of Light, which will purify you and make you into pure Light and lead you into the Kingdom of Light."
Youtube Video: "One's light merges with the Supreme Light, and becomes perfect." Subtitled Music Video: "Sooraj kiran milay jal kaa jal hoo-aa raam. Jotee jot ralee sampooran thee-aa raam."
"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." (William Arthur Ward)
Important Sant Mat Texts Soon
to Be Available as E-Books
I hear that soon the books, Philosophy of Liberation, and, Harmony of All Religions, in their entirety, will be available online as PDF Files. As I said to the publisher: 'It would be wonderful to have these books online, and be able to link to them, send people right to them, to share the depth and wisdom they contain with spiritual seekers everywhere. As I found, no doubt many others will find also, that they bring a much-needed depth and clarity to the study of Sant Mat. They remain at the top of my list of recommended reading. Rather than decreasing book sales, it may increase them, as people realize how essential they are.'
The Seven Principles of Sant Mat By Maharshi Mehi, The Padavali of Maharshi Mehi, also Quoted in the Book, Harmony of All Religions
The Following Principals Below are Recited Daily in India
1. Ultimate Reality is beyond any beginning or end, infinite, beyond birth, beyond the senses, all-pervading yet even beyond pervasiveness. It must, therefore, be understood as the Supreme Being. This Essential Element is known in Santmat [the Teachings of the Saints] as the Lord of All and is the foundation of all things. This Being is beyond both the inanimate and animate aspects of nature. It is without qualities and beyond qualities. Its nature is infinite, imperishable, all-powerful. It is beyond time and space, beyond sound and beyond form [Nirguna). It is the One without a second. The Supreme Being is beyond the scope of the mind, the intellect and the senses. This entire universe is powered by the energy of this Being. This Being is not human. It is not manifested in physical form. It has existence beyond the illusion of maya [illusion], and there is nothing that exists outside of it. It is the Being which is eternal and is in existence from the beginning. Santmat considers this Being to be the Divine Reality, and this [knowing or merging with] Being is the goal of all spirituality.
2. The individual soul is an inseparable part of the Supreme Being.
3. The physical world of nature was created. It has an origin and an end.
4. The individual soul (jiva), bound by illusion (maya), remains in the cycle of death and birth. This is the cause of one's suffering. In order to escape from this cycle of death and birth we must experience realization of this Supreme Being.
5. By practicing devotion through these four techniques — Manas Japa ([Simran], recitation of the divine name), Manas Dhyana ([Dhyan], focus on the divine form), Dristi Sadhana ([Yoga of Inner Light, Inner Seeing, Inner Light Meditation], focus on the infinitesimal point), and Nadanusandhana Yoga ([Surat Shabd Yoga], concentration on the inner divine sounds) — the practitioner consecutively transcends the realms of darkness, light, and sound which cloak the Supreme Truth — the Divine Reality. Only in a human body an individual soul is able to achieve unity with the Divine. [In other forms of existence, animal, etc., it is not possible to tread the spiritual path.]
6. Lying, stealing, intake of intoxicating substances, adultery, and violence (including harming other beings) are the five sins to be avoided. Eating meat or fish is also considered to be a form of violence and should be avoided. The aspirants of Santmat must abstain from these vices. 2 (2 Note: In Buddhism these five abstinences are known as the Panch Shila (the Five Precepts).
7. The following are considered to be the requirements for the attainment liberation: (A) Trust and belief in God; (B) Commitment to seek the Divine within; (C) Devotion and service to a satguru — spiritual Master; (D) Satsang, listening to the teaching and spiritual discourse including study of the Teaching of the Saints and the scriptures; and (E) Dhyana, diligent meditation practice.
In the Forms I Beheld the Formless.....
Mystic Verses of Kabir
What a music of the flute!
It fills me with bliss.
No wick yet a lamp lights up,
no roots yet a lotus blossoms,
and myriad flowers nod their heads.
cries for the moon,
and rain-bird pines for the rain-drop,
so longing for God,
I live forever with saints.
The restless mind is put at rest,
and the heart is illumined.
In the forms I beheld the Formless,
along with the Friend.
Breaking the shackles,
You set me free from all the bondage.
Now Inaccessible is accessible,
and soaked in love is Kabir.
-- Guru Kabir
The above is translated
by Sushila Mahajan, in,
A Collection of One Hundred and Ten Poems of Kabir
Deep & Deep Publications, New Delhi