In Your Eyes

  • SantMatMysticism
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2011

      In Your Eyes - the Resolution of all the Fruitless Searches

      In some Eastern spiritual paths there is a
      technique of looking into the eyes of the
      Master when he (or she) is giving “darshan”
      to a crowd. I think of darshan, this mutual
      gazing between teacher and students,
      when listening to this song by
      Peter Gabriel, “In Your Eyes”.

      Youtube:

      love I get so lost, sometimes
      days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
      when I want to run away
      I drive off in my car
      but whichever way I go
      I come back to the place you are

      all my instincts, they return
      and the grand facade, so soon will burn
      without a noise, without my pride
      I reach out from the inside

      in your eyes
      the light the heat
      in your eyes
      I am complete
      in your eyes
      I see the doorway to a thousand churches
      in your eyes
      the resolution of all the fruitless searches
      in your eyes
      I see the light and the heat
      in your eyes
      oh, I want to be that complete
      I want to touch the light
      the heat I see in your eyes

      love, I don’t like to see so much pain
      so much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
      I get so tired of working so hard for our survival
      I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive

      and all my instincts, they return
      and the grand facade, so soon will burn
      without a noise, without my pride
      I reach out from the inside

      in your eyes
      the light the heat
      in your eyes
      I am complete
      in your eyes
      I see the doorway to a thousand churches
      in your eyes
      the resolution of all the fruitless searches
      in your eyes
      I see the light and the heat
      in your eyes
      oh, I want to be that complete