Announcements, Links, and Short Quotes

  • SantMatMysticism
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2010

      Announcements, Links, and Short Quotes

      * New Podcast Available Online for Streaming or Downloading: July-August Sant Mat Satsang PODcast: Program Theme: Happy Guru Purnima: Master's Day: Reflections about the role of Sant Satgurus: The Competent Living Master, a Qualified Teacher, The True One, Genuine Mentor, a Righteous and Worthy Guide, A Fearless Being, Light-giver, Leader of a Spiritual Community. An Ode to the Sant SatGuru [via Blog Talk Radio]: When you click the link and go to this page, the satsang podcast will automatically begin playing:

      * A Radio Satsang Comparing the Near-Death Experience with Inner Light & Sound Meditation (Surat Shabd Yoga, The Ascension of the Soul Through the Inner Planes) - Click To Listen to Spiritual Awakening Radio [via HealthyLifeNet -- The Positive Talk Radio Network]:

      * The term "Sant Mat" was coined by Param Sant Tulsi Sahib of Hathras, during the 19th Century, but the Sant tradition, with its many guru-lineages or branches, is a spiritual movement that dates back to ancient India. Sant Tulsi Sahib was of the opinion that the Sant movement dates back to the time of Krishna thousands of years ago, that Krishna knew of Sants during his day, the time of the Bhagavad Gita.

      * Happy Guru Purnima (Master's Day), In Honor of Masters, By Pravesh K. Singh:

      * "We must practice meditation daily. These are five DO's: 1) Unwavering Faith in One God, 2) Firm Conviction of Realizing Him Within, 3) Selfless Service to a True Guru, 4) Satsang, and, 5) Regular, Rigorous Meditation. We must follow these." (Maharshi Mehi)

      * "The Masters say that two things are essential for success on the spiritual path: first a genuine urge, a passion for it; and second, regular practice. If either one of these is lacking, our efforts will not be fruitful." (Kirpal Singh)

      * Never again shall My bleeding feet stumble over the thorny paths of uncertainty. I have found the assurance of certain knowledge. I have found the Master I so long sought and he is here on the banks of a slow rolling river, in the Punjab. India. Today how I wish I could take the hands of all my friends in America and elsewhere, and say to them: "Come, see him for yourself." I can not tell you how great he is. His light blinds me. Its glory silences all my powers of speech. His divine love is my breath, my life. But the heavenly symphony can not be brought down to mortal ears. Yet it rings through all the Heavens. -- Julian P. Johnson, in the book, Unquenchable Flame, online at Google Books:

      * "To be pure and still means to be open to purity and stillness -- as a result you can intuit the truth." "Detach yourself from what disturbs and distracts you, and be as pure as one who breathes in purity and emptiness. This state is the gateway to enlightenment -- It is the Way to Peace and Happiness." (Jesus Sutras of Taoist-Buddhist Christianity)

      * "We should understand that bhakti [love] is the life or soul of the entire universe." (Baba Devi Sahab)

      * "Love is the energizing elixir of the universe, the cause and effect of all harmonies." (Rumi)