Corrections: Sant Dariya Sahib of Bihar, and the Path of the Masters

  • SantMatMysticism@GMail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2009

      1) Sant Dariya Sahib's date of birth should read 1674, not 1634.

      In 1674, Dariya's Guru would likely have been, or at least would have been contemporary with, one of those early Dharamdasi Kabir Panth Gurus. Not sure which one yet. This research is ongoing.

      2) Tulsi Sahib, in a hymn of praise, a shabd, included Dariya on his LIST of the greatest Saints in the history of India. Says Tulsi: "Nanak, Dadu, Dariya Saheb, Mira Bai, Soor Das, Kabir and Nabbaji have all reached the Mystic Sky and have given out the secrets. Their souls have got across and merged there."

      Based on a close examination of the internal evidence provided in the writings of Tulsi Sahib: theology, vocabulary, style, imagery, quoted materials including the Anurag Sagar, stance towards the Kabir Panth and other Sant Panths, my conclusion is that the primary influence upon Tulsi Sahib of Hathras was Dariya Sahib and the Dariya "School of Sant Mat".

      My view is that the lineage goes from Kabir to one of the disciples of Kabir, eventually to Sant Dharam Das, then to Dharamdas's son Churamani Nam. After Churamani Nam was Uditmani Nam. After Uditmani Nam was Santokh Nam, etc.... My belief is that Dariya's Guru (unnamed) was connected with one of those Kabir-related successor Gurus, then this Guru began his own Mission, well underway by 1674. After Dariya's Guru was Dariya Sahib of Bihar. Dariya Sahib eventually appointed several Saints to be his spiritual successors: Fakkar Das, Basti Das, Sant Tika Das, and, Sant Guna Das. These were also contemporaries of Tulsi Sahib, who was initiated and began his own Mission in Hathras.