Upanishads: Third Eye Center: Worship, and, All Life is One

  • Sant Mat Mysticism
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2008

      Upanishads: Third Eye Center: Worship, and, All Life is One

      Upanishads

      Upanishads: Third Eye Center: Place of Worship, and, All Life is One

      Sant Mat Mysticism Blog at:

      Sant Mat Fellowship:
      {"Repeat the Name of your Beloved, day and night, again
      and again. With care in thought, word and deed, you will
      cross to the other shore."
      -- Sant Dadu Dayal}

      The Third Eye Center is the Place of Purification from the Effects of the Outer Senses and Impressions, and is the Place or Field of Vision for the True Worship of God in Meditation

      Wisdom of the Saints and Sages of the Upanishads, From the Jabala Upanishad:

      Thereafter the sage Atri asked of Yajnavalkya: "How am I to realize the Self which is Infinite and Unmanifest -- the Imperceptible Atman?"

      Yajnavalkya said: .....The Infinite Imperceptible Self is worshipped.......between varana and nasi. What are varana and nasi? Varana is that which dispels all the evils done by the sense-organs, and that which destroys all the sins done by sense-organs is called nasi. Where is that place? That place is at the location of both the eye-brows and the nose. That is also the meeting place of this world and the next..

      The Brahmajnanis [gnostics or knowers of God] worship at this meeting place. By meditating at that Point, they attempt to realise the Lord of Love]..

      (above: Jabala Upanishad quoted in the book, Satsang Yoga, Part One, English Version, Compiled by Maharshi Mehi Paramahansa)

      Wisdom of the Saints and Sages of the Upanishads, from the Taittiriya Upanishad:

      The Lord of Love willed: "Let me be many!"
      And in the depths of his meditation
      He created everything that exists.
      Meditating, he entered into everything.
      He who has no form assumed many forms;
      He who is infinite appeared finite;
      He who is everywhere assumed a place;
      He who is all wisdom caused ignorance;
      He who is real caused unreality.
      It is he who has become everything.
      It is he who gives reality to all.
      Before the universe was created,
      Brahman existed as Unmanifest.
      Brahman brought the Lord out of himself;
      Therefore he is called the Self-existent..

      The Self is the source of abiding joy.
      Our hearts are filled with joy in seeing him
      Enshrined in the depths of our consciousness.
      If he were not there, who would breathe, who
      live?
      He it is who fills every heart with joy..

      Until we realize
      The unity of life, we live in fear.
      When one realizes the Self, in whom
      All life is One, Changeless, Nameless,
      Formless,
      Then one fears no more..

      (above: The Upanishads, Eknath Easwaran translation, Nilgiri Press)