Know Thyself As A Drop From the Ocean of Love

  • Sant Mat Mysticism
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2007

      Know Thyself As A Drop From the Ocean of Love

      Sant Mat Fellowship:

      SantMatFellowship
      {The one who has purity of character,
      who practices diligently the Yoga of Sound,
      and who can explain *clearly* Sant Mat
      (the complete Path of the Masters with nothing missing),
      can be accepted and trusted as Satguru/Teacher.}

      SantMat_Mystic_(James)
      http://profiles.yahoo.com/santmat_mysti c

      "To realise God or the ultimate state of Enlightenment one becomes godly in body, mind, soul, spirit and day to day living, loving and relations, in thoughts, words, deeds and behaviour, finally following a golden path of spiritual success described by the Masters and Prophets.

      "Every moment of his meditation should be how much he is desperately eager to achieve it, to believe it and to become. Through that desperate eagerness he will always search in any kind of holy contact, through the sayings of Masters, and the search will lead him further. The truth is, the more he learns, the more he becomes and evolves, the more he finds God and His spirit working in him as love to embrace all in One as own self, embrace the Holy Spirit of God as himself and the state of eternity, of godhood, as his only self, remembering, functioning and materialising every moment all the spiritual advice in his being and becoming.

      "How can one have the super mental state and finally pure consciousness to conceive his Reality? Unless his whole magnetic influence or libido continuously rushes towards his Mediator, Satguru or God's spirit to blend himself with his being, how can His spirit become active in his life to awaken him to that supreme consciousness of his Reality?

      "So be sincere, remain holy every moment with all your love and faith in your self, your Mediator and the Supreme and you will achieve final Enlightenment, no doubt about it." (Sree Sree Mentu Maharaj, The Ultimate Enlightenment)

      Kirpal Singh's books are published in Urdu and many other languages. The Urdu word for 'man' or 'human' means: "one who is bubbling over with love". The title of Kirpal Singh's book, Man Know Thyself, therefore means: "One who is bubbling over with love, know thyself".

      "The highest aim of humanity is to know one's self and to know God…..Every moment of our life is most precious. We should not fritter it away in useless pursuits, but devote it in the search of self and God."  (Kirpal Singh)

      "The Kingdom of the Father is inside you and outside you. You who know yourselves will discover this. And when you know yourselves, you will realise that you are children of the living Father." (from Saying 3, Greek Gospel of Thomas)

      "It was for the sake of the God-conscious beings that our Sat Purush (True Lord) created this earth, and began this play of death and birth." (Guru Nanak)

      Know also that the Reality has described Himself as being the Outer and the Inner, Manifest and Unmanifest. He brought the Cosmos into being as constituting an Unseen Realm and a Sensory Realm, so that we might perceive the Inner though our unseen, and the Outer through our sensory aspect. ("Ibn Al `Arabi" - The Bezels of Wisdom, Paulist Press)

      "From the birthless God we have taken birth, and from this birth in the human form we must merge into God. When the bud blossoms into the flower, it spreads its fragrance all around. Just so in this life we must spread our noble activities and good influence all around." (Prayers of Satguru Kabir, published by the Kabir Association)

      "The soul pervades the body. We know and enjoy all things in the easy way (sahaj marg). We are endless and are not bound by this side or that side of this world. We are in this life and in the spiritual world. We are all-pervading all the time, and we are in the depth of depths. We are in space and in the universe. Thus has Guru Kabir explained. With the glorification of Satnam, the disciple  was embraced by Kabir Sahib and went to Sat Lok." (Prayers of Satguru Kabir, published by the Kabir Association)

      "What is man's most important task? It is to know one's Self, to withdraw yourself from outside, from the outgoing faculties, by stilling the mind, and concentrating at the seat of the soul in the body, which is at the back of the eyes. This is where the soul recedes at the time of death. It is there that you will have self awareness, by rising above and forgetting the physical body. When you rise above body consciousness, you can know the Controlling Power within you. That is why all Masters enjoined that we must know ourselves first. Self knowledge precedes God knowledge. When you become self concentrated, the surat or attention will work wonders, wherever it may be directed. It is all a feat of the attention. If you first become attentive, concentrated within your own self by withdrawing from outside, you will be able to rise above the physical body and by rising still further, you will have Cosmic Consciousness. The macrocosm is in the microcosm. We have got the physical body and must rise above it. We have also got the astral body in which we have to work in the higher self. Then still beyond there is a plane where we have to use our causal body. After rising above the physical body, you will have self awareness. When you rise above the astral and causal bodies, you will come into your true I-hood. You will see that "I and my Father are One". The whole thing depends on the concentration of your attention within yourself. Then, whichever way you direct your attention, you will work wonders. " (Morning Talks, Kirpal Singh)

      "The individual soul is inseparable from the Almighty.

      Nature, having a beginning and an end, is a created one.

      The souls are all bound by illusions and are rotating round the great wheel of birth and death. This state of the individual soul or souls is the root cause of all sufferings. In order to come out of these, the only remedy is devotion to God.

      Repeating the name in mind, concentrating upon it in mind and with the help of 'Drishti Sadhan' and 'Surat-Shabda-Yoga' (Yoga of Sound). One has to pass or go beyond darkness, light and words to be at one with Him and get 'Moksha' or liberation.

      Having unflinching faith in the Almighty and full dependence on Him and firm resolution to find Him within oneself, serving Guru selflessly, practising Satsang and Dhyana Yoga – all these be considered as the real steps for getting salvation in this world."    (Maharishi Mehi)

      "Scent-like currents of consciousness are spread all over the body and float up in the sky,

      And in that sphere, consciousness like the bee, feels highly content,

      Listening to the multiple sounds,

      Pure light is burning inside and as one sees it, all one's lapses are eliminated forever;

      In the inner sky, nectar gets swept away and the devotees are fully drenched,

      Drinking that ambrosia, consciousness is fully awakened and making fresh endeavors to climb,

      Beauty like crores of shining Suns is so very illuminating,

      And there, glimpsing the Absolute, beyond the quintessential one,

      You strike your bond with the Supreme Sovereign or pure consciousness;

      Every moment, keeping consciousness alive in your inner sky,

      Suck out the milk of paradise by the grace of Guru,

      Tulsi Sahib says, the abode of Guru is all illuminating and the loud musical notes are heard,

      Let your consciousness like Alal-bird overturn,

      Shaking off the wrappings of the body." (Hymn of Param Sant Tulsi Sahib)

      "Consider the following as the requirements to attain liberation: Trust and belief in the Divine; commitment to seek the Divine within; devotion to a spiritual master; listening to the teaching of the spiritual discourse including study of the teachngs of the saints and the scriptures; and diligent meditation practice." (Sant Sevi Ji Maharaj)

      Also see, The Principles of Santmat: