Make my Consciousness Soar in the Inner Sky

  • praveshksingh
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2007
      Guidance and help of Guru is inevitable and indispensable for
      progress in one's spiritual pursuits. Without his help it is
      impossible to move ahead in the spiritual sojourn. Hence, all the
      saints have underscored the importance of Sadguru and glorified the
      role and noble virtues of the Guru in their numerous hymns. Below is
      presented an English translation of a verse taken from "Mehi
      Padaavali" composed by Maharshi Mehi Paramhansji Maharaj, one of the
      greatest exponents of Santmat .

      O exemplary and Honourable Guru! Kindly bless me so that my
      consciousness may ascend/ rise in the inner (spiritual) sky. Please
      be generous enough to enable me catch hold of (perceive) the current
      of the all-pervading eternal Divine Sound. Holding on to your
      benevolent ray, may I be able to behold your refulgent subtle form.
      There is none other so lacking or destitute in spiritual means and
      meditation as am I. So, O Lord! Kindly cast aside these weaknesses
      and deficiencies inherent in me. Please be forgiving and merciful
      and destroy or demolish the huge stockpile of evil samskaras I have
      amassed during my numerous previous births owing to my own improper
      actions or deeds. O Guru! It is in your basic nature to liberate the
      disgraceful, sinful souls (mortals). Kindly emancipate me, too,
      beseeches Maharshi Mehi, in keeping with your true & natural
      disposition.