Another Country's Opinion of USA

  • HB
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2004
      Another countrys opinion
      Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:13:01 -0500
      USA***

      This was sent to a list that I belong to and I thought
      it would be nice
      to know that not all other countrys think badly of the
      USA.

      Another Country's Opinion of USA

      We rarely get a chance to see another country's
      editorial about the USA.
      think this is very much worth reading and passing on.
      It says a lot.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Read this excerpt from a Romanian Newspaper. The
      article was written by
      Mr. Cornel Nistorescu and published under the title
      "C"ntarea Americii,
      meaning ........

      "Ode To America" on September 24, 2002 in the Romanian
      newspaper
      Evenimentulzilei ("The Daily Event" or "News of the
      Day").
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ~An Ode to America~

      Why are Americans so united? They would not resemble
      one another even if
      you painted them all one color! They speak all the
      languages of the
      world
      and form an astonishing mixture of civil izations and
      religious beliefs.
      ---
      Still, the American tragedy turned three hundred
      million people into a
      hand put on the heart.Nobody rushed to accuse the
      White House, the army,
      and the secret services.that they are only a bunch of
      losers
      ---
      Nobody rushed to empty their bank
      accounts. Nobody rushed out onto the streets nearby to
      gape about. The
      Americans volunteered to donate blood and to give a
      helping hand.
      ---
      After the first moments of panic, they raised their
      flag over the
      smoking
      ruins, putting on T-shirts, caps and ties in the
      colors of the
      national.flag
      --
      They placed flags on buildings and cars as if in
      every! place and on
      every
      car a government official or the president was
      passing.On every
      occasion, they started singing their traditional song:
      "God Bless
      --
      America!" I watched the live broadcast and rerun after
      rerun for
      hours
      listening to the story of the guy who went down one
      hundred floors with
      woman in a wheelchair without knowing who she was, or
      of the Californian
      hockey player, who gave his life fighting with the
      terrorists and
      prevented the plane from hitting a target that could
      have killed
      other...hundreds or thousands of people.
      -----
      How on earth were they able to respond united as one
      human
      being?Imperceptibly, with every word and musical note,
      the memory of
      some turned into a modern myth of tragic heroes And
      with every phone
      call, millions and millions of dollars were put in a
      collection aimed at
      rewarding not a man! or a family, but a spirit, which
      no money can buy.
      _
      What on earth can unite the Americans in such a way?
      Their land? Their
      galloping history? Their economic Power? Money? I
      tried for hours to
      find an answer, humming songs and murmuring phrases
      with the risk of
      sounding.commonplace...

      I thought things over, but I reached only one
      conclusion...Only freedom
      can work such miracles.

      [This deserves to be passed around the Internet
      forever.]

      I am proud to be an American...aren't you?

      =====
      Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
      So, Work like you don't need money.
      Love like you've never been hurt,
      and Dance Like no one's watching.
      BEST ALWAYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!