Comments

  • Dafna Yee
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004
      I don't agree that Bronfman in the only present Jewish leader who can
      be considered good for the Jewish people. There are quite a few more
      that I can think of but I agree that the vast majority are far too
      willing to compromise and "negotiate" (I've begun to hate that word)
      with people who have no compunctions to avowing their hatred of
      Israel and the Jewish people. That, by the way, is what I think is
      the biggest problem -- we are too willing to compromise our own
      interests and are constantly seeking approval from our enemies as
      well as our "friends". The fact is, that a "Palestinian State" is
      NOT inevitable nor will one ever exist in peace with Israel so let us
      stop pretending that this conclusion to all the "peace" efforts is
      possible much less desirable -- it is not. There is no historical or
      present action on the part of the Arabs that would lead one to
      believe that is a realistic outcome. Peace will come to Israel when
      the Arabs are convinced that Israel is too strong to make war
      against, not through "negotiation" and "restraint"! Let us follow
      Jewish leaders (and there are some) who do not apologize for stating
      outright that their first loyalty is to Israel and the Jewish people
      and not in playing nicely with their sworn enemies (and if
      their "friends" don't approve -- tough!) Also, stop relying on
      Christian evangelical "friends"; their "love" is a two-edged sword
      and that sword is dangerous to the soul of Israel as a Jewish State.
      More Israeli lives -- and the very security of Israel's existance --
      have been lost because of "peacemaking" efforts than by outright war.

      Dafna Yee