The Art of Manipulating the Public

  • teach
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2006
      jointheboycott <jointheboycott@...> wrote:

      The Art of Manipulating the Public:

      There is no limit to LA Times creativity in manipulating the public against Israel.
      See

      Join the Boycott

    • KenZ19@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2006
         Hmmmm, I thought ya might find this interesting and use it. :-) cya

         In my zest in trying to figure out the reason for all of these suicide
          bombings I got this e-mail which I found to be very interesting reading
          and hope you will also. Some day and I hope in my lifetime we can come
          to a more peaceful world.
          Vicki

          Subject: The psychology behind suicide bombings
          Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 05:28:23 -0700 (PDT)

          The psychology behind suicide bombings.
          By - Pierre Rehov, documentary filmmaker

          On July 15, MSNBC's "Connected" program discussed the July 7th London
          attacks.

          One of the guests was Pierre Rehov, a French filmmaker who has filmed six
          documentaries on the intifada by going undercover in the  Palestinian
          areas.  Pierre's upcoming film, "Suicide Killers," is based on  interviews
          that he conducted with the families of suicide bombers and  would-be
          bombers in an attempt to find out why they do it. Pierre agreed to a
          request for a Q&A interview here about his work on the new film.

          Q - What inspired you to produce "Suicide Killers," your seventh film?

          A - I started working with victims of suicide attacks to make a film on
          PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) when I became fascinated with the
          personalities of those who had committed those crimes, as they were
          described again and again by their victims. Especially the fact that
          suicide bombers are all smiling one second before they blow themselves up.

          Q - Why is this film especially important?

          A - People don't understand the devastating culture behind  this
          unbelievable phenomenon. My film is not politically correct because it
          addresses the real problem, showing the real face of Islam. It points the
          finger against a culture of hatred in which the uneducated are brainwashed
          to a level where their only solution in life becomes to kill themselves
        and
          kill others in the name of a God whose word, as transmitted by other men,
          has become their only certitude.

          Q - What insights did you gain from  making this film? What do you know
          that other experts do not know?

          A - I came to the conclusion that we are facing a neurosis at the level of
          an entire civilization. Most neuroses have in common a dramatic event,
          generally linked to an unacceptable sexual behavior. In this case, we are
          talking of kids living all their lives in pure frustration, with no
          opportunity to experience sex, love, tenderness or even understanding from
          the opposite sex. The separation between men and women in Islam is
          absolute. So is contempt toward women, who are totally dominated by men.
          This leads to a situation of pure anxiety, in which  normal behavior is
        not
          possible. It is no coincidence that suicide killers are mostly young men
          dominated subconsciously by an overwhelming libido that they not only
          cannot satisfy but are afraid of, as if it is the work of the devil.

          Since Islam describes heaven as a place where everything on Earth will
          finally be allowed,  and promises 72 virgins to those frustrated kids,
          killing others and killing themselves to reach this redemption becomes
          their only solution.

          Q - What was it like to interview would-be suicide bombers,their families
          and survivors of suicide bombings?

          A - It was a fascinating and a terrifying experience. You are dealing with
          seemingly normal people with very nice manners who have their own logic,
          which to a certain extent can make sense since they are so convinced that
          what they say is true. It is like dealing with pure craziness, like
          interviewing people in an asylum, since what they say, is for them, the
          absolute truth. I hear a mother saying "Thank God, my  son is dead." Her
          son had became a shaheed, a martyr, which for her was a greater source of
          pride than if he had became an engineer, a doctor or a winner of the Nobel
          Prize.

          This system of values works completely backwards since their
        interpretation
          of Islam worships death much more than life. You are facing people whose
          only dream, only achievement goal is to fulfill what they believe to be
          their destiny, namely to be a Shaheed or the family of a shaheed.

          They don't see the innocent being killed, they only see the impure that
          they have to destroy.

          Q - You say suicide bombers experience  a moment of absolute power, beyond
          punishment. Is death the ultimate power?

          A - Not death as an end, but death as a door opener to the after life.
        They
          are seeking the reward that God has promised them. They  work for God, the
          ultimate authority, above all human laws. They therefore experience this
          single delusional second of absolute power, where nothing bad can ever
          happen to them, since they become God's sword.

          Q - Is there a suicide bomber personality profile? Describe the
          psychopathology.

          A - Generally kids between 15 and 25 bearing a lot of complexes, generally
          inferiority complexes. They must have been fed with religion. They usually
          have a lack of developed personality. Usually   they are impressionable
          idealists. In the western world they would easily have become drug
        addicts,
          but not criminals. Interestingly, they are not criminals since they don't
          see good and evil the same way that we do. If they had been raised in an
          Occidental culture, they would have hated violence. But they constantly
          battle against their own death anxiety. The only solution to this
          deep-seated pathology is to be willing to die and be rewarded in the
          afterlife in Paradise .

          Q - Are suicide bombers principally motivated by religious conviction?

          A - Yes, it is their only conviction. They don't act to gain a territory
        or
          to find freedom or even dignity. They only follow Allah, the supreme
        judge,
          and what He tells them to do.

          Q - Do all Muslims interpret jihad and martyrdom in the same way?

          A - All Muslim believers believe that, ultimately, Islam will prevail on
          earth. They believe this is the only true religion and there is no room,
        in
          their mind, for interpretation. The main difference between moderate
          Muslims and extremists is that moderate Muslims don't think they will see
          the absolute victory of Islam during their lifetime, therefore they
        respect
          other beliefs. The extremists believe that the fulfillment of the Prophecy
          of Islam and ruling the entire world as described in the Koran, is for
          today. Each victory of Bin Laden convinces 20 million moderate Muslims to
          become extremists.

          Q - Describe the culture that manufactures suicide bombers.

          A - Oppression, lack of freedom, brain washing, organized poverty,placing
          God in charge of daily life, total separation between men and women,
          forbidding sex, giving women no power whatsoever, and placing men in
        charge
          of family honor, which is mainly connected to their women's behavior.

          Q - What socio-economic forces support the perpetuation of suicide
          bombings?

          A - Muslim charity is usually a cover for supporting terrorist
          organizations. But one has also to look at countries like Pakistan , Saudi
          Arabia and Iran , which are also supporting the same organizations through
          different networks. The ironic thing in the case of Palestinian suicide
          bombers is that most of the money comes through financial support from the
          Occidental world, donated to a culture that utterly hates and rejects the
          West (mainly symbolized by Israel).

          Q - Is there a financial support network for the families of the suicide
          bombers?  If so, who is paying them and how does that affect the decision?

          A - There used to be a financial incentive in the days of Saddam Hussein
          ($25,000 per family) and Yasser Arafat (smaller  amounts), but these days
          are gone. It is a mistake to believe that these families would sacrifice
          their children for money. Although, the children themselves who are very
          attached to their families, might find in this financial support another
          reason to become suicide bombers. It is like buying a life insurance
        policy
          and then committing suicide.

          Q - Why are so many suicide bombers young men?

          A - As discussed above, libido is paramount. Also ego,  because this is a
          sure way to become a hero. The shaheeds are the cowboys or the firemen of
          Islam. Shaheed is a positively reinforced value in this culture. And what
          kid has never dreamed of becoming a cowboy or a fireman?

          Q - What role does the U.N. play in the terrorist equation?

          A - The U.N. is in the hands of Arab countries and third world or
          ex-communist countries. Their hands are tied. The U.N. has condemned
        Israel
          more than any other country in the world, including the regime of Castro,
          Idi Amin or Kaddahfi. By behaving this way, the U.N. leaves a door open by
          not openly condemning terrorist organizations. In addition, through UNRWA,
          the U.N. is directly tied to terror organizations such as Hamas,
          representing 65 percent of their apparatus in the so-called Palestinian
          refugee camps. As a support to Arab countries, the U.N. has maintained
          Palestinians in camps with the hope to "return" into Israel for more than
          50 years, therefore making it impossible to settle those populations,
        which
          still live in deplorable conditions. Four hundred million dollars are
        spent
          every year, mainly financed by U.S. taxes, to support 23,000 employees of
          UNRWA, many of whom belong to terrorist organizations (see Congressman
        Eric
          Cantor on this subject, and in my film "Hostages of Hatred".

          Q - You say that a suicide bomber is a  'stupid bomb and a smart bomb'
          simultaneously. Explain what you mean.

          A - Unlike an electronic device, a suicide killer has until  the last
          second the capacity to change his mind. In reality, he is nothing but a
          platform representing interests which are not his, but he doesn't know it.

          Q - How can we put an end to the madness of suicide bombings and terrorism
          in general?

          A - Stop being politically correct and stop believing that this culture is
          a victim of ours. Radical Islamism today is nothing but a new form of
          Naziism. Nobody was trying to justify or excuse Hitler in the 1930s. We
        had
          to defeat him in order to make peace one day with the German people.

          Q - Are these men traveling outside their native areas in large numbers?
          Based on your research, would you predict that we are beginning to see a
          new wave of suicide bombings outside the Middle East ?

          A - Every successful terror attack is considered a victory by the radical
          Islamists. Everywhere Islam expands there is regional conflict. Right now,
          there are thousands of candidates for martyrdom lining up in training
        camps
          in Bosnia , Afghanistan and Pakistan .  Inside Europe , hundreds of
        illegal
          mosques are preparing the next step of brain washing to lost young men who
          cannot find a satisfying identity in the Occidental world. Israel is much
          more prepared for this than the rest of the world will ever be. Yes, there
          will be more suicide killings in Europe and the U.S.  Sadly, this is only
          the beginning.