Meditation and Refuge

  • adam_b_bayliss
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2006
      Dear Venerable Bhikkhus

      My name is Adam, and I live in Madison, WI USA. I have been reading
      about Therevada Buddhism and practicing meditation for several years
      now. I would like to take formal refuge and begin meditation study
      with a teacher who can teach the methods of Venerable Mahasi Sayadaw to a
      beginner like myself. Any help in this matter would be deeply
      appreciated.

      Sincerely and with deep respect,
      Adam Bayliss.
    • Ven. Acara
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2006
        Dear Adam,
        I'm a monk living in Yangon, Myanmar.
        You may receive my teacher's help for the betterment of your meditation.
        He is Ven. Dhammapiya.
        He is now in Mettananda Vihara, 4619 Central Ave Fremont, CA 94536 Tel:
        (510) 795-0405.
        His e-mail address is 'adhammapiya@....'
        Wishing the best for your future,
        Yours in the Dhamma,
        Ven. Acara

        On 8/13/06, adam_b_bayliss <rabayliss@...> wrote:

        > Dear Venerable Bhikkhus
        >
        > My name is Adam, and I live in Madison, WI USA. I have been reading
        > about Therevada Buddhism and practicing meditation for several years
        > now. I would like to take formal refuge and begin meditation study
        > with a teacher who can teach the methods of Venerable Mahasi Sayadaw to a
        > beginner like myself. Any help in this matter would be deeply
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Sincerely and with deep respect,
        > Adam Bayliss.

      • Adam Bayliss
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
          Many thanks Venerable Bhikkhus for your personal attention to my query.
          Kindest Regards,
          Adam Bayliss.