letting go

  • a3ka2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2005
      Dear Venerable Sirs,

      I have a question regarding insight meditation:

      Some monks teach about "Letting go".

      What is the relation between letting go and insight meditation? Is
      there any link to insight knowledges (e.g. bhanga-nana or any other
      nana)?

      Thank you

      Warm regards
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2005
        Dear,
        Letting go" might be general teaching of the Buddha to reduce greed
        attachment craving desire. These are the cause of suffering. It is not easy
        to practise of letting go sucessfully but the more you can let go yourself
        the lesser suffering will arise. Our final goal is to be free from all
        suffering. That's why practicing of "letting go " will help to gain all of
        insight knowledge. It is basic foundation to be free from suffering.
        with metta,
        nandasiddhi.