Pali Thai "Chin-na-pan-chon" chanting

  • alanlam9
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 3:09 AM
      Dear Bante'

      I found that most Thai Temples and lay devotees used to chant daily
      the "Chin-na-pan-chon" pali chanting. I was told it was discouvered by
      one revered monk.

      Is this a normal or accepted Pali chanting of the Buddha Dharma ??? I
      do greatly appreciate if respected Bante' could enlighten us on this.

      With Metta Karuna.
    • Nagasena Bhikkhu
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11 2:24 AM
        The "Chin-na-pan-chon" is Thai word, which is called Jayamangala attha gatha (if I am right). They are the eight victories of the Buddha i.e. victory of Mara, of Angulima or Nalagiri Elephant and so on. This chanting is very popular in thai tradition and some uses are noticeable in Sri Lanka as well. I have experience of this chanting in Thailand and as well as in Sri Lanka.

        It is helpful to remember the quality or power of the Buddha, which they believe that is fruitful to overcome their problem or to be successful in their life. However, I am not sure your question about who discovered it. You may not find accurate account of writer of the stanzas. You should not worry about that. I do chant myself times to times.

        With Metta
        Nagasena

        alanlam9 <alanlam9@...> wrote:
        Dear Bante'

        I found that most Thai Temples and lay devotees used to chant daily
        the pali chanting. I was told it was discouvered by
        one revered monk.

        Is this a normal or accepted Pali chanting of the Buddha Dharma ??? I
        do greatly appreciate if respected Bante' could enlighten us on this.

        With Metta Karuna.

        Yahoo! Groups Links