Re: Mahasi Sayadaw Vipassana and Jhana

  • nowtide
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2005
      Greetings Bhikkhu Pesala,

      Thank you for the advice. I have ordered the book and anxiously
      await its arrival.

      Chris
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 15, 2005
      • JC Mendoza
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 22, 2005
          Dear Bhikkhu,

          I'm confused about the 3rd precept. Is it true that pre-marital sex between two consenting adults where the woman is not protected by father, mother, brother,sister, state, religion, whether a prostitute or not, is allowed? If this is so, then casual sex between two adult strangers is allowed? If so , what is the end result of this in a society? Will it be harmful or benign? And is it true that oral or anal sex even between man and wife is not allowed? What about masturbation? Can you enlighten me on this topic esp. if you can use direct references from the Tipitaka. thanksAlso is smoking tobacco or cigarettes breaking the fifth precept?

          Bhikkhu Pesala <pesala@...> wrote:

          On the Vipassana Jhanas, please see:

          http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pesala/Pandita/html/jhanas.html

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          Children InternationalWould you give Hope to a Child in need? �Click Here to meet a Girl
          And Give Her Hope�Click Here to meet a Boy
          And Change His Life Learn More