Re: Playstation games, is it ok to play them?

  • ypch2818
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2004
      Dear Venerable Asabha,
      Thank you for your reply. Would like to clarify with you on your
      response. Does it mean that playing simulated games is neutral? May
      I ask on your advise to play it less.

      Thank you.

      --- In SanghaOnline@yahoogroups.com, Venerable Asabha
      <asabha01@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Dhamma friends,
      >
      > Playing games on the play station is not enough to say bad kamma
      as well as good kamma because those are simulated and not real.

      > with metta
      >
      > May you play less than before.
      >
      > ypch2818 <ypch2818@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Venerable Monks,
      >
      > Does playing games on the Playstation bad karma? These are
      simulated
      > games sometimes of shooting and killing the opposite forces or
      > monsters. Some people claim that it relaxes them after a stressful
      > day at work. However, the graphics can be quite bloody sometimes.
      > Just wondering since it's all simulated and not real, does playing
      > games like that accumulates bad karma.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.

    • Venerable Asabha
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2004
        Dear Dhamma friends,
        I feel so happy for my good chance to give an answer once more. As a matter of fact, just playing simultated games is impossible to say bad Kamma anyway. In that case, it should be good Kamma in a negative view. It is impossible too. Don't take it into your head that it is good Kamma. If you take it is good Kamma, you will play it forever, then all of your opportunities would come to nothing and you would be just as wasting your energies by playing it. I don't want you to be so. For that reason, the answer what you gave "neutral" is quite good, but the best word, according to our tradition, is Majjimapatipada "middle way".

        May you have the right understanding.
        with the best wishes
        Asabha