breathing meditation methods in buddhist suttas

  • mark_french2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20 1:21 PM
      Dear venerable sirs

      I have searched various suttas with regards to the technique of
      breathing mindfulness.
      I have come across various references to material which talks
      about being mindful of the length of breath, however is anybody
      aware of any there being any references in the suttas to
      consciously altering the length of the breath as part of a
      meditation technique?

      Many thank for your help

      best wishes
      Mark French
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21 8:59 AM
        Have a look at Ajahn Buddhadasa's book on Mindfulness of Breathing.
        A quick look tells me that it is extremely clear and thorough, though I
        have not read it before.

        http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/anapanasati.pdf