Re: [SanghaOnline] Some Questions

  • ZaoMilinda Bhikkhu
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2002
      Dear Benoit,

      If both man and woman love each other, promise and agree to marry in the future, this situation is not called misconduct. But it is better to live together after getting married.

      With Metta,
      Ven.Milinda
      ***********

      On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 07:48:15 -0800 (PST) Benoit Santerre
      <benoit_santerre@...> writes:
      > Venerable Sayadaws,
      > I have a question related to the third precept:
      >
      > Is a committed adult couple (intending to marry in
      > the future) committing sexual misconduct if they have
      > intercourse even if both still live with their
      > parents? I am thinking of the Buddha saying that
      > intercourse with a woman still under the guard of
      > parents is misconduct. But was this due to the culture
      > which practiced arranged marriages? In the West it
      > seems that we take for granted that this precept (for
      > lay-persons) simply means to be loyal and committed to
      > one partner.
      > Thank you and homage to the Three Jewels.
      > Benoit

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.